EXCHANGE STUDENTSThis information is for students who participate in exchange programs with the following recognized organizations: JINT vzw, AFS, VIA (in Taiwan: ICYE), International Youth Exchange (IJU), Youth for Understanding, Bouworde, International Association Agricultural Students (IAAS), Rotary Club International, World Education Program, Erasmus and Tempus Programs.
Note: only ROC nationals or foreigners with ARC in Taiwan can apply for a visa through our office.
- The consular fee for a resident visa is 50 EURO, at the moment equal to 2200 NTD. This fee can vary according to the exchange rate. Consular taxes for legalizing documents are calculated seperately for each case.
- The applicant has to apply in person.
- Visa applications for this type of visa are received from Monday through Friday 9.00 to 11.30 on working days.
- Visa application forms, medical certificate,student questionnaire and guarantee letter are available at this office or can be downloaded.
- Medical check should be performed by a doctor appointed by this office (list available).
- 3 visa application forms, signed by the applicant + 3 recent photos
- Passport (validity at least 15 months) and copy of passport
- Police record for every person older than 18 (legalised by a Notary Public)
- Medical certificate certifying the applicant has not contracted a contagious or transmittable disease, or a disease that can be dangerous for public safety.
- Admission and guarantee letter (original document) issued by the exchange organisation.
- If applicant is a minor: autorisation letter signed by both parents that states clearly purpose and duration of stay.
Formalities after arriving in Belgium:
The Alien has to register with the city hall of the place of residence within 8 days of arrival and submit his passport and admission/guarantee letter from the exchange organisation. After the usual verifications, the ciy hall will issue a resident permit (Certificat d'inscription au registre des etrangers -C.I.R.E.), valid from 5 months to 1 year, depending on the case. This permit allows the alien to travel within the Schengen States and to apply for a visa with the foreign diplomatic representative offices in Belgium. The delay between registering at the city hall and issuing the resident permit can take 3 to 6 weeks depending on the city. Since the visa issued by BTA is only valid for a single entry, the applicant should refrain from leaving Belgium as long as the administrative procedures are not finished.