About Belgium
Trade & Investment
Going to Belgium
Tourist Info
Schengen Visa
Resident Visa
Studying in Belgium
Belgians in Taiwan
Contact Us


A national from any country other than a Member State of the European Union who intends to reside in Belgium for a period longer than 90 days must first obtain a temporary resident visa from a consular post abroad. Note: only ROC nationals or foreigners with ARC in Taiwan can apply for a visa through our office.


  • The consular fee for a resident visa is 50 EURO, at the moment equal to 2300 NTD. This fee can vary according to the exchange rate. Consular taxes for legalizing documents are calculated seperately for each case.
  • The applicant has to apply in person.
  • Visa applications for this type of visa are received from Monday through Friday 9.00 to 11.30 on working days.
  • Visa application forms, medical certificate and application forms for professional card are available at this office (application form and medical certificate can also be downloaded).
  • Medical check should be performed by a doctor appointed by this office (list available).
Required documents:
  1. 3 visa application forms, signed by the applicant + 3 recent photos
  2. Passport (validity at least one year) and copy of passport.
  3. The household registration (partial if applicant will leave alone, complete if family accompanies the applicant) in Chinese, with a certified translation in French, Dutch or German (depending on the region in Belgium where the applicant will live).
  4. Medical certificate certifying the applicant has not contracted a contagious or transmittable disease, or a disease that can be dangerous for public safety.
  5. Police record for every person older than 18 (legalised by a Notary Public).
  6. Professional card


Professional card:

  • The professional card is issued to aliens who engage in a professional activity on an independant basis or who are investing in their own company in Belgium.
  • A professional card and a resident visa have to be obtained BEFORE going to Belgium and engaging in any kind of professional activity in Belgium.
  • Applications for the professional card have to be submitted through this office to the Belgian Federal Public Service Economy, S.M.E's, Self-Employed and Energy.
    Address :
    Administration de la politique PME, Section "carte professionnelle"
    World Trade Center III
    Blvd Simon Bolivar 30
    1000 Bruxelles, BELGIUM
    (Tel + or 208.51.04 Fax +
  • Following documents have to be enclosed in the application :
    • proof of establishing a company in Belgium (published in "Moniteur belge")
    • establishing act of the company, as a proof that the applicant is the or one of the main shareholders.
    • feasability study of the company in the long term
  • The application fee for the professional licence is 85 EURO.
Formalities after arriving in Belgium :
The Alien has to register with the city hall within 8 days of arrival (of the place of residence, not the place of work) and submit his passport, professional card and household registration if applicable (translated and certified). After the usual verifications, the ciy hall will issue a resident permit (Certificat d'inscription au registre des étrangers –C.I.R.E.), valid from 5 months to 1 year, depending on the case, and extendable. This permit allows the alien to travel within the Schengen States and to apply for a visa with the foreign diplomatic representative offices in Belgium. The delay between registering at the city hall and issuing the residence permit can take 3 to 6 weeks depending on the city. Since the visa issued by BTA is only valid for a single entry, the applicant should refrain from leaving Belgium as long as the administrative procedures are not finished.



Copyright © 1999-2004 Belgian Office Taipei
This page was last updated on Tuesday November 30, 2004