Investing in Belgium: guidelines
Why Belgium ?
- Strategic location, centrally situated in the heart of Europe.
- Serving as residence to the European Union and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), Belgium is at the forefront of political and economic activity.
- State-of-the-art telecommunications systems access the entire world in seconds.
- Internationalized and leading the world in per capita exports, and supported by a committed labour force reputed for high productivity, Belgium is a stronghold for European trade.
- Multi-lingual in every sector, and rich in culture and cuisine, Belgium is diverse in its facilities for body, mind and spirit.
- Technologically advanced and financially stimulated, with expansive support systems readily available, Belgium is poised for new investment.
- As the Economic Union developed, Belgium has seen its markets grow to some 375 million customers, making it one of the most dynamic economic markets in the world.
The following website of the Federal Public Service Economy contains all information useful for foreign investors who want to invest in Belgium. You will find information on Belgium's infrastructure, economy, currency and the way political life is organised. Furthermore, if you wonder which formalities have to be fulfilled or how the tax system works or even which are the Belgian customs duties, you will find here a whole range of practical data.
Link to setting up procedures and the legal corporate structure: